AI Dungeon

Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
slooroo
The Worst Poster
Mood:

AI Dungeon

Post by slooroo »

Has anyone tried this game? I find it really buggy but I love the idea of a text based adventure that's very flexible thanks to AI. Sadly I found it crashes on me a lot and even when I do play the AI often has trouble keeping consistent with what it said before. For example a girl tells me her father sent her to see me. Then she tells me he's been dead for many years. When I try to prod the AI about this the girl seems to forget what she said earlier.
Proud subscriber to MeowsePad on YouTube and Twitch

Juneberry
Administrator

Re: AI Dungeon

Post by Juneberry »

I've never even heard of this game, but now you've got me curious. Was it expensive? And what's it on?

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Mood:

Post by slooroo »

It's free on app stores or through your pc. Though the dev appreciates donations from those who can afford it.

https://www.aidungeon.io/

Spook of the lost
Mood:

Post by Spook of the lost »

sounds like someone combined zork with a chatbot.

would be interesting if machine learning could be combined with it to expand on it, but that requires it to have a decent server and a lot of user interaction for it to grow in.
Image "The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed" - William Gibson
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Mood:

Post by slooroo »

Oh I love the concept and with time I think the dev could make it way better. It seems to shit the bed most when you try to have conversations. It handles choices pretty well.