The Ill Fated Wii U

Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Ravenfreak

The Ill Fated Wii U

Post by Ravenfreak »

Yeah we all know the Wii U wasn’t successful at all compared to both it’s predecessor and it’s successor, but honestly I think it’s a good console! I just got one the other day and I am having a blast playing Super Mario 3D world and Sonic Lost World. I used to own a Wii U in the past but had to sell it. :\ So my question is, do you guys have any highly recommended games for the Wii U I should get? What are your thoughts on the console?

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Mood:

Re: The Ill Fated Wii U

Post by slooroo »

The Wii U's biggest flaw as far as I'm concerned is the name. You have to keep in mind a huge chunk of the market is going to be ignorant middle aged moms who buy these things for their kids so they're not going to understand the difference between the Wii and Wii U and think Lil Billy is wasting their hard earned cash.
Proud subscriber to MeowsePad on YouTube and Twitch

Ravenfreak

Post by Ravenfreak »

Yeah I always thought that’s the main reason why it failed. xD It’s a shame though, but I can definitely see it. I think I’ve even read stories online about parents going to GameStop and being confused.

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Mood:

Post by slooroo »

It's not the ONLY reason it failed but it's a huge part I think. It also doesn't help that it wasn't much more powerful than the Wii and it just didn't get a lot of games and especially now with pretty much anything that was relevant on the Wii U now on the Switch the console has lost any purpose.
Proud subscriber to MeowsePad on YouTube and Twitch

Megan
Ferret Queen

Post by Megan »

I honestly liked the system. I didn't play it enough, but most of what I played anyway was usually Zelda games. I really liked the HD versions of the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on it.

Spook of the lost
Mood:

Post by Spook of the lost »

I love my Wii U.

I think it had a lot of untapped potential as a console and I see that a lot in the games.

I picked it up right around when they discontinued it, got a good deal on it off craigslist, and gave it a good home.

since then I try to pick up games when I find them, I want a complete library at some point.
Image "The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed" - William Gibson
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

jyy

Post by jyy »

Spook of the lost wrote:
7 months ago
I love my Wii U.

I think it had a lot of untapped potential as a console and I see that a lot in the games.

I picked it up right around when they discontinued it, got a good deal on it off craigslist, and gave it a good home.

since then I try to pick up games when I find them, I want a complete library at some point.
Well, how cheap, price-wise, has the Wii U become? Is it below $50? Well, $50 might be a good price.

Spook of the lost
Mood:

Post by Spook of the lost »

jyy wrote:
2 months ago
Spook of the lost wrote:
7 months ago
I love my Wii U.

Well, how cheap, price-wise, has the Wii U become? Is it below $50? Well, $50 might be a good price.
I'm not sure, I got mine, with 5 games, the gamepad, and a pro controller for $200 right before they stopped being sold.

Probably going to be in the $50 range soon, but the games are going to be harder to find as time goes on.
modding may be a better option too, it expands the range and allows playing of gamecube games as well as wii and wii u games.

only the PS3 supported not 1 but 2 previous generations of consoles fully and it didn't require a mod to do so at first.
(PS3 supports PS1 and certain models also support PS2 games without a software mod).
Image "The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed" - William Gibson
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Cameron

Post by Cameron »

We ended up getting the Nintendo Wii for Christmas, and it was fun for a little while. It was really just a fad though, and we didn't even use it within six months after getting it. When the Nintendo Wii U came out, I was excited about it, but my parents wouldn't even consider getting us another one of those for Christmas, even though it wasn't the same thing as the Wii. To this day, I have never played the Wii U. :P

MofaMF

Post by MofaMF »

slooroo wrote:
8 months ago
The Wii U's biggest flaw as far as I'm concerned is the name. You have to keep in mind a huge chunk of the market is going to be ignorant middle aged moms who buy these things for their kids so they're not going to understand the difference between the Wii and Wii U and think Lil Billy is wasting their hard earned cash.
This could actually work well in the opposite direction.

Most 'gamers' went over to Sony and Microsoft. So Nintendo introduced the Wii as a family console taking back some of the market and managed to get one in every household. There plan then was to make a 'gamers' console called the WiiU, so the middle aged moms (who don't know the difference between the individual companies such as Nintentdo etc) new that a new Wii was out! - WiiU.

For recommended - ZombieU, Zelda: Wind Waker, Pikmin 3.