Doom & Quake

Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Spook of the lost
Mood:

Re: Doom & Quake

Post by Spook of the lost »

that wouldn't surprise me.

Valve is still doing extremely well for themselves :)

and it all started with half life.
Image "The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed" - William Gibson
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Mood:

Post by slooroo »

So I remembered the series Marathon the other day. This franchise was made by Bungie long before Halo was an idea in their heads that launched them into superstar dev status. The entire series is actually free to download on Bungie's website so I was playing the first game today. I had to adjust controls a bit but otherwise it's a really well made game and I think it would be held alongside works like Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, and Duke Nukem if it wasn't a Mac exclusive for a long time.
Proud subscriber to MeowsePad on YouTube and Twitch

Spook of the lost
Mood:

Post by Spook of the lost »

wait, you can play marathon on PC now?

that was part of the reason I got an old macbook, specifically because a 2005 macbook with classic mode would be able to run marathon and I've been itching to try it but can't find a copy >_<
Image "The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed" - William Gibson
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

slooroo
The Worst Poster
Mood:

Post by slooroo »

Spook of the lost wrote:
2 months ago
wait, you can play marathon on PC now?

that was part of the reason I got an old macbook, specifically because a 2005 macbook with classic mode would be able to run marathon and I've been itching to try it but can't find a copy >_<
Yeah Bungie made the entire franchise free and it now works on PC or Mac. I used this link which is a fan community but they're using the free downloads Bungie gave when they made Marathon freeware.

https://alephone.lhowon.org/

EDIT: Ends up even Bungie's own sites lead to this link despite it being a fan community as far as I know. Pretty interesting
Proud subscriber to MeowsePad on YouTube and Twitch