Digital vs. physical

Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
MeowsePad
Administrator
Referrals: 10

Digital vs. physical

Post by MeowsePad »

I remember buying a physical copy of Counter-Strike: Source in like 2010 and still having to download Steam to install and play it. xD
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

DanTheMan
Mood:

Digital vs. physical

Post by DanTheMan »

I don't think there is really such a thing as a "Physical" copy anymore. While you can by a physical game it seems to just add it to your account on whatever platform and then you don't need the physical copy...in fact I don't know that it's worth anything at that point...then again I've only really been in the PC realm the last few years.

MeowsePad
Administrator
Referrals: 10

Digital vs. physical

Post by MeowsePad »

I believe that physical copies are still fairly prevalent for consoles, but like you said, physical copies are becoming increasingly obsolete in the PC world.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

Spook of the lost
Mood:

Re: Digital vs. physical

Post by Spook of the lost »

I prefer Physical copies over digital.

both are nice, but physical copies are tangible, I can hold them in my hands.
and if the server goes down... well it goes down big deal, doesn't mean I can't still install the game.

in fact, I recently got a hold of physical copies of a bunch of old linux games that I'll be doing a series on for youtube soon, it's going to be great and it's not been done before.
Image "The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed" - William Gibson
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Kyng
Mood:

Post by Kyng »

I don't particularly care either way, but these days, I always go with digital simply because it's more convenient. The last time I got a physical game was in 2011.

(In fact, I can't even play my physical games right now, because my current laptop lacks a CD drive, and I'm too cheap to go out and buy an external one :P )

Spook of the lost
Mood:

Post by Spook of the lost »

@Kyng: ever consider scavenging an old CD/DVD rom drive and maybe an old ide/sata to usb hdd enclosure? it should work and is a really cheap way to get an external disc reader.
Image "The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed" - William Gibson
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters