Recommended low end PC games

Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
DanTheMan
Mood:

Post by DanTheMan »

Not that I have time to play more than one or two games on my computer :lol: but what are some fun low end PC games that you all would recommend.

Oh, and by low end, I mean no dedicated graphics.

Juneberry
Administrator

Post by Juneberry »

If you have steam and want to play a game similar to Mario Party, I recommend 100% Orange Juice. If it works on my poc computer it should work on yours... I think.

MeowsePad
Administrator
Referrals: 10

Post by MeowsePad »

GOG Games has older games for cheap prices. These games are pretty much guaranteed to run on any PC that is running Windows 98 or newer.

https://gog.com

I recommend Roller Coaster Tycoon, Arcanum and SimCity 3000 Unlimited. :3
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

DanTheMan
Mood:

Post by DanTheMan »

Juneberry wrote:
1 year ago
If you have steam and want to play a game similar to Mario Party, I recommend 100% Orange Juice. If it works on my poc computer it should work on yours... I think.
Didn't realize something similar to Mario Party existed, I'll have to see about giving that a go.
Princess MeowsePad wrote:
1 year ago
GOG Games has older games for cheap prices. These games are pretty much guaranteed to run on any PC that is running Windows 98 or newer.

https://gog.com

I recommend Roller Coaster Tycoon, Arcanum and SimCity 3000 Unlimited. :3
:Lol: good ol' GOG also, of those games I think I've only not played Arcanum, I googled it and it looks similar to Diablo.

Juneberry
Administrator

Post by Juneberry »

DanTheMan wrote:
11 months ago
Didn't realize something similar to Mario Party existed, I'll have to see about giving that a go.
It's basically Mario Party with a sugar rush. Well, that's how I think of it. You can play it online with other people or solo with or without story lines. If you do look at it and find it interesting, let me know and we can play together sometime! ^^

DanTheMan
Mood:

Post by DanTheMan »

Juneberry wrote:
11 months ago
DanTheMan wrote:
11 months ago
It's basically Mario Party with a sugar rush. Well, that's how I think of it. You can play it online with other people or solo with or without story lines. If you do look at it and find it interesting, let me know and we can play together sometime! ^^
Absolutely! Like I said, first step is having time to play a different game :P

Spook of the lost
Mood:

Re: Recommended low end PC games

Post by Spook of the lost »

depending on your OS, I'd say anything dos based.
most of those didn't use dedicated graphics accelerators because other than 3D games most of them used graphics cards that were simple in comparison to modern day integrated graphics.

the curse of monkey island series, day of the tentacle, Master of orion 1 and 2, sim tower, the original sim city and Simcity 2K.
and of course Commander Keen 1 through 4, along with Jazz jackrabbit.
Image "The future is already here. It's just not very evenly distributed" - William Gibson
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Kaunisto

Post by Kaunisto »

Oh yes, Master of Orion 1&2 are among my absolute favorite strategy games.
Not to mention Monkey Island, among my top 3 game series of all time.

Esmee

Post by Esmee »

If you like strategy games then Rise of Nation and Age of Mythology are two good old games. And also they are pretty low end PC games. Modern computers can run them easy and just fine with speed. But it's pity that we don't have any modern games that match those storylines and campaigns now.

Juneberry
Administrator

Post by Juneberry »

A really old PC game that Esmee reminded me of is Total Annihilation. Not sure it fits your needs, but it was a fun game.