Emulators

Whether you're a newb, a pro, or somewhere in between, come tell us all about your favorite games and how you love to play them.
Ashley

Emulators

Post by Ashley »

Do you use any emulators on your computer or portable devices like tablets or smartphones? Right now I'm using Fire GBA on my tablet and I love it. I play Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga a lot

polyfluff

Re: Emulators

Post by polyfluff »

I have a RPi 3B+ which does the job nicely for emulation.
ded

MeowsePad
Administrator
Referrals: 10

Post by MeowsePad »

I use a PS2 emulator, but that's about the extent of my experience with them.
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch

polyfluff

Post by polyfluff »

@MeowsePad, you should consider looking into the old 8-bit computers of the 80s (things like the Commodore 64, BBC Micro, ZX Spectrum and all the other cool stuff from back then), which were all the rage over here if you want something to emulate.
ded

Ravenfreak

Post by Ravenfreak »

I like Retroarch, it's a all in one emulator. Any old computer/console you can think of it emulates it. :P

polyfluff

Post by polyfluff »

I do like the bells and whistles and that whole "integrated" functionality with things like controls and the like you get with RetroArch. Shame the XP version is more or less useless, its best use could have been on old netbooks (where XP outperforms any version of Linux), but because OpenGL 2 is the minimum the commonly-used GMA950 on early netbooks won't function.

That said, anything starting from say, Vista SP1 era machines and up and it runs pretty beautifully.
ded

Cassieboo
MeowsePad's Boss
Mood:

Post by Cassieboo »

Someone *coughcough* was supposed to put a game cube emulator on my PC for me but hasn't yet :3 Luckily they are cute so can get away with it lol

polyfluff

Post by polyfluff »

I can PM you or MeowsePad a GameCube redump torrent, if you like. GC ROMs are incredibly hard to find clean rips of now.
ded

Ravenfreak

Post by Ravenfreak »

Oh another thing, for development purposes when it comes to Sega Master System/Game Gear I stick with Emulicious, and for Gameboy development I use bgb. They're both accurate emulators with tons of helpful tools, for those who want to develop/hack games for those handhelds.

MeowsePad
Administrator
Referrals: 10

Post by MeowsePad »

Cassieboo wrote:
1 year ago
Someone *coughcough* was supposed to put a game cube emulator on my PC for me but hasn't yet :3 Luckily they are cute so can get away with it lol
oops
MeowsePad Community: nostalgia, gaming, friendship, advertisement, and more!

Forum ~ Discord ~ YouTube ~ Twitch